Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 1998 16:17:26 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        brian@worldcontrol.com
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, gibbs@pluto.plutotech.com
Subject:   Re: 3.0-CAM-19980712/src all screwed up

brian@worldcontrol.com wrote...
> I may be misunderstanding something, but 3.0CAM-1990712-SNAP/src seems
> to be a mess to me.
>
> Having downloaded and unarchived everything in that directory, I
> find that src/include/unistd.h does not include the definitions for
> F_LOCK and friends.

	That is wrong.  I just downloaded it, and does have the correct
definitions for F_LOCK, etc.:

#ifndef _POSIX_SOURCE
#define F_ULOCK         0       /* unlock locked section */
#define F_LOCK          1       /* lock a section for exclusive use */
#define F_TLOCK         2       /* test and lock a section for exclusive use */
#define F_TEST          3       /* test a section for locks by other processes */
#endif

> This breaks many things.
>
> Looking at the 3.0CAM-19980712-SNAP.diffs.gz one finds
>
> *** src/include/unistd.h.orig
> --- src/include/unistd.h
> ***************
> *** 49,58 ****
>   #endif
>
>   #ifndef _POSIX_SOURCE
> ! #define       F_ULOCK         0       /* unlock locked section */
> ! #define       F_LOCK          1       /* lock a section for exclusive use */
> ! #define       F_TLOCK         2       /* test and lock a section for exclusive
>  use */
> ! #define       F_TEST          3       /* test a section for locks by other pro
> cs */
>   #endif
>
>   __BEGIN_DECLS
> --- 49,58 ----
>   #endif
>
>   #ifndef _POSIX_SOURCE
> ! #define F_ULOCK         0     /* unlock locked section */
> ! #define F_LOCK          1     /* lock a section for exclusive use */
> ! #define F_TLOCK         2     /* test and lock a section for exclusive use */
> ! #define F_TEST          3     /* test a section for locks by other processes *
> /
>   #endif
>
>   __BEGIN_DECLS
>

> However, it can't be applied because the prerequisite doesn't exist
> in include/unistd.h.  Not that I want to apply the diffs.  It seems
> half the diffs are already applied, and half are broken for various
> reasons.
>
> There are hundreds of similar problems.
>
> What is going on?

	I think you've really got something screwed up.  I don't see
anything like that in the diffs I just pulled off ftp.kdm.org:

{roadwarrior:/usr/home/ken/src/camtest:3:0} grep POSIX_SOURCE 3.0*
{roadwarrior:/usr/home/ken/src/camtest:4:1} grep F_ULOCK 3.0*
{roadwarrior:/usr/home/ken/src/camtest:5:1}

	I think what you're trying to do is one of two things, both of
which are plain wrong:

	- you're either trying to apply the diffs to the source tree you
	  got from the CAM snapshot release

	- or you're trying to apply the diffs to a -current source tree
	  that is NOT from around ~0200 PDT on July 11th.

	The diffs above look to be something along the lines of the
differences between revision 1.21 and 1.22 of unistd.h.  On July 11th,
Bruce made some white space changes to the file.

	If you had the earlier version of the diffs, from Monday night, you
should re-get them.  Justin fixed a problem in the diffs, and re-uploaded
them Tuesday.  In any case, you shouldn't be trying to apply any diffs to
the source tree in the release, it's already a CAM source tree.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com