Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2011 19:59:00 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   PowerMac G4, snd_ai2s and FreeBSD 8.x

When I installed FreeBSD[2] 8.1-beta1 on my PowerMac G4[1], I could
load the snd_ai2s module with just
snd_ai2s_load="YES"
in /boot/loader.conf

After upgrading to FreeBSD 8.2-prerelease (using csup / make
buildworld), it complained during boot:

KLD file snd_ai2s.ko is missing dependencies

and when running 'kldstat' the snd_ai2s module wasn't
loaded. If I did 'kldload snd_ai2s' from the command line it loaded fine.
Now I find that I need the following in /boot/loader.conf in order for
the snd_ai2s module to load:
sound_load="YES"
snd_ai2s_load="YES"

Is it supposed to work like that?