Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 01:08:31 -0400
From:      Chris Conner <chris@nirvana.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Last sector of partitions set to 0

Hello,

Recently one of our FreeBSD machines was compromised. We do know that the
last sector of each partition was set to zero. Is it at all possible to
recover the data on this drive, by somehow restoring the partition table?
Even if we could just get it back temporarily, to recover some things, it
would be a great help. We are almost sure of the exact partition table, but
we don't want to risk losing any data by messing around with anything,
before consulting you guys.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Chris Conner
chris@nirvana.net