Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 22:43:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        "Ing. Guillermo R. Martinez Hernandez" <gmo@www.comunica.net.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help!!!! i forget passwd root and i have ttys close

> yes I know, but I can not open my system because in my ttys are one line
> said
>
> #
> ttyv0   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on insecure

I don't know why you did that, but the basic idea would be to boot
from a floppy (I believe the fixit disk should work), mount your root
filesystem, edit the password file unsetting the password, rebuilding
the password databases, and rebooting.  Or, if you don't want to mess
with the password databases, just edit /etc/ttys.

BTW, when replying, please cc the original recipients; in this case,
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org.  Thanks.

--
Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Finger dima@unixfreak.org for my public PGP key.

"Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you
count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet."
	-- Dave Barry