Date:      Sun, 28 May 2006 15:54:06 +0100
From:      Shawn <shawnh@f2s.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange pauses and cpu usage - FreeBSD 6.1

OK, so I was using top to monitor what was going on inside the system
and I noticed that it was in fact xorg taking up all the cpu, no matter
what program actually was causing it. I searched around for nvidia
xorg.conf settings and found a few things.

I recompiled my kernel without agp and put the following in xorg.conf:

Option "NvAGP" "1"

And this has solved the problem completely. I have always used the
built in agp support when using linux (agpgart?) but doing this has
cured the ill mouse behaviour completely, and boosted glxgears a few
hundred fps.

Again, thanks for all the help!