Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 1997 12:19:15 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suspend/resume in -current: still no joy

> [My problems with suspend/resume when Megahertz XJ1336 modem is
> installed.]
>
> > Can you eject/insert the modem fine?
>
> Yes, that works OK.

Great, that helps.

> > Also, did you try enabling the sysctl mentioned earlier?
>
> I just tried it, but it didn't make any difference.  Remember, the
> problem manifests itself upon entering the suspended state, not when
> resuming.

Ah, true.  Hmm, let me think about this, OK?  We do *almost* the exact
same thing when ejecting a card as we do when we suspend now, except
that we also power off the controller.  However, there is no way it can
'fail' with the code, so I'm unsure why it's failing or hanging, since
the new code doesn't have any way of denoting failure.

Nate