Date:      Tue, 07 Sep 1999 19:37:58 -0700
From:      Lance Costanzo <lance@costanzo.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ASDL with NE2000

At 06:08 PM 09/07/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>> Spin iT wrote:
>> I have fbsd 3.2 with a Kingston pnp ISA card NE2000 compat and i cant
>> get this damm thing to recognize the ed0 interface. i am on 240H with
>> irq 10 and in my kernel its
>> device ed0 at isa? (etc.....) 0x240 irq10

Is your problem that Fbsd doesn't see the interface or that you can't
communicate over DSL?

If the former, check dmesg to insure that your interface is being
seen, and ifconfig to make sure its configured with the correct IP,
netmask, etc.

If the latter, check your hardware (dsl box, cable, netcard).  If you're
running standalone, make sure you've got it plugged into the "computer"
slot (not the "hub") on the DSL box.  Try it with a known working PC (Win9X
or NT) to make sure it works.  Check your ifconfig to make sure you've got
the right IP address and netmask.

>> anyone using dsl out there? someone from pacbell told me dsl wouldnt
>> work with freebsd and i told him he was wrong.
He's an idiot.  Probably a refugee from the ISDN repair group.

Lance Costanzo                         http://www.webhighrise.com
System Administrator                   Website and Virtual Domain Hosting
lance@costanzo.net                     starting at $5/month, no setup fees