Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 08:46:00 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to find text/data/stack size of a running process

	I know this is probably a fairly basic question, but I can't find it
anywhere. I need to know the sizes for text, data and stack on some
processes that I'm trying to set resource limits on. The memoryuse limit
in login.conf is useful, the problem is that these processes are sucking
up more virtual memory than they are resident memory, and that's what I
need to stop.

	Pointers to FM's to R are welcome.

Thanks,

Doug