Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 23:24:34 -0600
From:      larry <hugahog@earthlink.net>
To:        <aja@si.on.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Security Discuss] rpmdrake problem (was mandrake update)

Anton,
Can't address your specific questions in particular
except to say I *think* most of my problems were from my not
rebuilding the database after updating. Also I tried to *install*
a couple files instead of upgrading them.  Doing a 'rpm -qa | sort'
showed some duplicate files, (old and new versions). I also think
(but don't know for sure) that some mirror sites may be partly
at fault. So checking another mirror now and then may be wise.
Of course I will probably be a 'newbie' for many years and have
much to learn :)
Larry