Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 1996 22:35:50 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        Bill Trost <trost@cloud.rain.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: amd (and CD-ROM's)

Garrett Wollman wrote in message ID
<9606151626.AA24567@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>:
> Of course, what this really highlights is that `amd' needs to be
> taught how to mount CD-ROMs...  Shouldn't be too hard, but since I
> don't have any I'd leave it to someone else.

It should be tought how to mount any device as a non UFS or NFS
filesystem, such as /dev/fd0 as MSDOS. There is no reason just to
special case CD9660 devices. It would be nice to handle generic
removable media actually, so you can run Iomega Zip & so on under
AMD. Preferably without the bogosity of Solaris's ``vold'' :-(

Gary