Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 1998 20:43:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike <mike@seidata.com>
To:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Laptops

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Gregory Sutter wrote:

Thanks for the response...

> all with FreeBSD, so a plug-in serial mouse must be used.  I don't know
> if an HP 5000 is a laptop, but if it is, did the mouse work?

Yes, I think it was a 5500 (5000 series) laptop.  I tried this a month or
so ago...  the regular install was a pain to get started, but it went
smoothly after some initial twiddling.  I never installed X on it, so I'm
not sure if the mouse functioned or not...  I'll avoid HPs now, thanks for
the tip.  :)

> 2.  Check carefully the video chipset, to see if XFree86 supports it.
> You can find out at www.xfree86.org.

*nod*  3.3.2 has added a *lot* of support...

Thanks again...

	-mike