Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:52:35 +0000
From:      Nick Hilliard <nick-lists@netability.ie>
To:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tcp md5 checksums broken in 7.0-beta3

Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> not that this should fix your problem but you might want to start with
> this patch:
>
> http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/patchset/sys-netinet-tcp-syncache.c-20071126-01.diff

No, probably not.  But it may fix a bunch of spurious failed SADB lookup
messages I've been seeing on the box in question.

> I'll try to find your bug the next days (in case you find anything let
> me know).
>
> I don't know how much quagga does these days but policies are setup
> correctly on both machines and you are not finding any failed SADB
> lookup warninge in dmesg on the 7 machine?

The security policy is set up using setkey from config in /etc/ipsec.conf:

> ferris# grep xx /etc/ipsec.conf
> add 193.242.111.9 193.242.111.xx tcp 0x1000 -A tcp-md5 "<removed>";

No, there are no failed SADB lookup messages.  The kernel code is being
executed, because if I disable md5 from within quagga, the md5 checksum
option completely disappears from the tcp headers.  If it's enabled, the
checksum is just zeros.

Nick