Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2001 00:20:33 -0500
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        "R.Munden" <orbitmaster@netorbit.com>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: We now have Rijndael!

Thank you very much so far.

On Wednesday January 03, 2001 23:18, R.Munden wrote:
> you might install it then 'perldoc Rijndael'

That didn't find anything.

> or maybe check CPAN.org, list by module and look at the readme

I found it there at
http://cpan.valueclick.com/authors/id/D/DI/DIDO/Crypt-Rijndael-0.01.readme

and eventually found it locally.  I can do   man 3 Crypt::Rijndael
and it finds it (the same page) but
%man -k Rijndael
Rijndael: nothing appropriate

	Oh, well I can read it but it doesn't tell me, the perl idiot,
anything useful.
It says:
SYNOPSIS
     use Crypt::Rijndael;

     # keysize() is 32, but 24 and 16 are also possible
     # blocksize() is 16

     $cipher = new Crypt::Rijndael "a" x 32, Crypt::Rijndael::MODE_CBC;

     $crypted = $cipher->encrypt($plaintext);
     # - OR -
     $plaintext = $cipher->decrypt($crypted);

What do I do with that?  Thanks again, sorry for the dumb questions,

					Tim