Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 2013 21:50:15 +1000
From:      Yar Tikhiy <yar.tikhiy@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Free book draft: IPv6 for IPv4 Experts

Hi all,

Not a complete stranger to the project, I hope the following
'advertisement' will be appropriate here.

When sometime around 2007 I finally had to make real sense of IPv6, I
found a magic garden where brilliant ideas bloomed, and I felt it
would be a shame to have all that beauty only to myself. I simply
couldn't resist trying to structure those ideas up so that each of
them shined in a crown of logical connections with others and with
facts an average IPv4 wizard could be expected to know.

Then it took some slow-paced rethinking, editing, and formatting to
arrive a few years later at what can be considered a textbook intended
for the battle-hardened veterans of the IPv4 era who are sufficiently
curious and confident at the same time to stretch their current
knowledge to the limit in order to discover the whys and wherefores of
the IPv6 architecture instead of just dull facts about it such as the
IPv6 address length. (As an exercise, try to tell in under 3 seconds
what the famous length equals to _in bytes_.)

Unsure if I want to get into the publishing hassle, I figured the best
way to launch my work into the interhuman information space would be
just to offer the final draft to the attention of the community. If
you like it, the biggest favor you can do me will be to share it via
your social network of choice. If you don't quite like it---well, then
you probably don't have to share it. :-)

The project page is: https://sites.google.com/site/yartikhiy/home/ipv6book

An e-reader friendly PDF as well as a conventional A4 size PDF is available.

Hoping you will enjoy the reading as much as I have enjoyed the writing.

Cheers,
Yar (formerly yar@)