Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 96 23:50:31 PST
From:      Ben Jackson <bjj@sequent.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
Cc:        Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@tetard.frmug.fr.net>, hackers@freebsd.org (hackers)
Subject:   Re: A few NITS about SCSI Tapes

In message <199601130520.WAA26011@rocky.sri.MT.net> , you wrote:
> > 	But if I use:
> >
> > 		mt -f /dev/nrst0 reten
> >
> > 	I get:
> >
> > 		% mt reten
> > 		mt: /dev/nrst0: retens: Invalid argument
>
> Try 'retension'.  It was changed from 'retens' since the former is more
> apparently more standard.

To quote from the mt(1) man page:

     The available commands are listed below.  Only as many characters as are
     required to uniquely identify a command need be specified.

`retens' should be a legal alias for `retension', along with `ret', which
it what I think most people use.  OTOH, I think mt is parsing it fine,
since:

	$ mt blah
	mt: blah: unknown command

--Ben