Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 10:49:44 -0600 (CST)
From:      Wayne M Barnes <stabilizer@klentaq.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Stable)
Subject:   PCI internal modem

Dear Folks,

    How do I get my PCI modem card to work with FreeBSD 3.4?

    I have spent several hours reading about ppp in the
handbook section 15, and trying things,
and I still have the following questions, since I am getting nowhere:

    1. controller pnp0 in my KERNEL config file resulted in
dmesg line with 'Serial' in it, but which device in /dev
would that be?  Here is the message line:
CSN 1 Vendor ID: CSC4236 [0x3642630e] Serial 0xffffffff Comp ID: @@@0000 [0x00000000]

    2. Do I need
    options "EXTRA_SIO=2"
  in my KERNEL config file?

    3. Do I need
    pseudodevice ppp 2
  in my KERNEL config file, or is tun0 enough by itself?

  Thanks for any help.

Wayne M Barnes      stabilizer@klentaq.com