Date:      Thu, 05 Aug 1999 02:59:18 +0300
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        Guenther Schmidt <guenther.schmidt@worldcity.nl>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Kernel customization

there is a simple tool at
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/sysutils.html
it is called doconfig but I have never tried it,
(well also in its description it says that it just copies
the kernel and changes the ident. so it does not really do
anything as far as I understood)

BTW the kernel config is pretty easy when read it carefully

you just read the information there line by line and do the
necessary changes it is pretty self explanatory and there are
great information in handbook about things which are not clear
in the GENERIC kernel config file. (also you may see the dmesg
output for the devices you have etc.)

Evren