Date:      Wed, 05 Dec 2001 15:35:34 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@gbch.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problem with resume in APM -- clock not fixed

I'm new to laptops and APM.  I think I've setup things as they
should be, but my system clock does not get fixed up when I
resume after suspending.  The following are the only relevant
lines in the syslog file.  The first line shows apmd starting at
boot time.  The next three lines note the suspend event when I
pressed the magic keys on the keyboard to suspend the machine.
But when I pressed the wakeup keys a minute later, there were no
further entries and the clock had lost a minute.

Dec  5 15:12:41 <daemon.notice> mercury apmd[232]: start
Dec  5 15:26:08 <daemon.notice> mercury apmd[232]: apmevent 000a index 1
Dec  5 15:26:08 <daemon.info> mercury apmd[232]: apm event: USERSUSPENDREQ
Dec  5 15:26:10 <daemon.info> mercury apmd[232]: caught signal: 20

I'd be very grateful if anybody can point me in the direction of
whatever I've forgotten so that I can get this working.