Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 98 16:21:42 +0100
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        marko@websorcery.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re : Troubles with cdrom installation

Hello,

If your FreeBSD release is 2.2.6, all of this is normal (???).

Two files in the kernel are incorrect : atapi.c and atapi.h

My solution to this was to disable the probing of the second wdc
controller (which was controlling the CD-ROM) via the -c flag in response
to the boot: prompt, then fetch a newer copy of these two files,
recompile the kernel and THEN, I could use my CD-ROM.

	Hopes this helps

	TfH