Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:03:05 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <vedette@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install Problem

Quoting Philip Black <pblack@mad.scientist.com>:
 [000920 05:56]:
#>I'm not sure what to tell you.
#>I got the FreeBSD powerpack with intall CD's.  I have two Hard drives.  The
#>c drive contains win98, the second is partitioned into a win98 drive, and an
#>unformatted partition.
#>I can boot from a cd using my scsi drive.
#>I tried this and it stated that it was going to boot, told me that the
#>CD-ROM became the a: drive, and the floppy became the b:
#>it stated that the scsi bios was installed
#>then it stopped.  It seem to be trying to access the floppy drive.  I could
#>hear it.  I left it for ten minutes and there was no change.  Can you help

You should set the boot sequence from the computer BIOS. Check what it is
at the moment. I have a PC with a SCSI CD-ROM (scsi bios enabled) and it
can boot from a CD-ROM.
I do not understand how CD-ROM becomes A: and Floppy becomes B:
Maybe you should also disable the 2nd floppy! Your boot sequence should
start with SCSI,C,A which should work!!!

I'm sorry if I have not helped you but it is your English which is a bit
difficult to comprehend.

Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Systems Administrator

All that Communism needs to make it successful is someone to feed and clothe
it. -Columbia Record