Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 1996 18:55:49 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jason Kuri <jaykuri@oneway.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about Routing, and IP 'source' on Multi-IP machine.

   Good Afternoon,

    I have a local lan of FreeBSD boxes, a PPP out to the rest of the
world, and a FreeBSD box as the gateway.  Everything Is working fine, and
all machines can get out to the world via the FreeBSD gateway.  However,
If I am actually using the gateway machine, The IP of the PPP tun0
interface is shown as the source of all connections.  Is there any way to
make this the IP of the Ethernet interface?  I ask because the IP's are
connected with different domains names, and some machines that I access
(such as NNTP hosts) only allow connections from my LAN domain.

    Also, On a semi-related note, I am using IIJPPP in auto mode to
achieve dial on demand.  However, Periodically, usually after a few
connects and disconnects, the PPP process will die.  At this point I will
have to restart it manually in order for the connection to be
re-established.  Has anyone seen similar behavior?  And if so, do you have
any suggestions to overcome this?

   Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Jay Kuri