Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:00:53 +0200
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        Ryan Stone <rysto32@gmail.com>, volker@vwsoft.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: southbridge recognition

on 10/03/2010 00:02 Ryan Stone said the following:
> Can you look at the device/vendor IDs of pci device 0:31:0?  That's
> always worked for me, but I've only ever done it on Intel platforms so
> I'm not sure if it works on AMD chipsets.

I think that better yet is to examine vendor of device 0:0:0.
Something like:
dev = pci_find_bsf(0, 0, 0);
pci_get_vendorid(dev);

With all the checks and stuff.
Please keep in mind that there could be other vendors too (e.g. nvidia).
Also, access to the upper RTC NVRAM bank may be disabled in chipset configuration.

--
Andriy Gapon