Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 00:26:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@mail.virtual-estates.net>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic trying to play Civillization (with trace, etc.)

> Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com> writes:
> > Here is  the trace with my  attempts to browse through  it.
>
> If you can, please reproduce the panic on a kernel compiled with the
> INVARIANTS, INVARIANT_SUPPORT and WITNESS options.

Well, with this options on, the machine does not crash, but the
program segfaults on startup:

   [....]
   430 ktrace   NAMI  "/usr/games/civctp"
   430 ktrace   RET   execve -1 errno 2 No such file or directory
   430 ktrace   CALL  execve(0xbfbff730,0xbfbffc40,0xbfbffc48)
   430 ktrace   NAMI  "/usr/local/sbin/civctp"
   430 ktrace   RET   execve -1 errno 2 No such file or directory
   430 ktrace   CALL  execve(0xbfbff730,0xbfbffc40,0xbfbffc48)
   430 ktrace   NAMI  "/usr/local/bin/civctp"
   430 civctp   RET   execve 0
   430 civctp   PSIG  SIGSEGV SIG_DFL
   430 civctp   NAMI  "civctp.core"

The points of interest:

	. I had to brandelf the binary manually after I untarred the stuff
	  from the CD Loki Games sent me.
	. The Linux Netscape continues to work properly
	. The binary crashes in the same fashion even when the /compat/linux
	  is not available (not mounted), which leads me to believe, it is
	  not recognized as a Linux binary
	. One does not need to be root to cause the crash (on the system
	  without INVARIANTS and WITNESS)
	. The kernel has already complained twice since reboot:

	# dmesg
	[....]
	lock order reversal
	 1st lockmgr interlock last acquired @ ../../kern/kern_lock.c:239