Date:      Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:34:06 +0100
From:      Tim Stephens <tim@tjstephens.com>
To:        Robert <pcsurplus@sc.rr.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: spam alert

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 03:29:03AM -0400, Robert wrote:
> my email address was sending out spam,
[snip]
>IP address 204.152.184.73 was trying to send emails and make a connection with my mail server, which of course I blocked. 204.152.184.73 resolves to freebsd.isc.org. what gives?

freebsd.isc.org is not anything to do with freebsd as such. The first part of that output is the hostname, and refers to the name that isc.org gave to one of their computers. Perhaps you should get in contact with them directly.
>From whois:

Domain Name:ISC.ORG
Last Updated On:06-Apr-2005 01:33:20 UTC
Expiration Date:05-Apr-2006 04:00:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Alice's Registry, Inc. (R16-LROR)
Registrant ID:ALICE-ISC1-CT
Registrant Name:Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.
Registrant Street1:950 Charter Street
Registrant City:Redwood City
Registrant State/Province:CA
Registrant Postal Code:94063
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.6507797000
Registrant FAX:+1.6507797055
Registrant Email:paul@VIX.COM
Admin Name:Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.
Admin Street1:950 Charter Street
Admin City:Redwood City
Admin State/Province:CA
Admin Postal Code:94063
Admin Phone:+1.6507797000
Admin Email:paul@VIX.COM

Otherwise, block the port, and look into the configuration of your mailserver to check that it is not relaying mail for others servers that you don't trust. Without knowing anything about your mailserver, I'm unable to help further.

Cheers,
Tim