Date:      Tue, 11 Aug 1998 01:32:55 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Marius Bendiksen <Marius.Bendiksen@scancall.no>
Cc:        Scott <scott@SchematiX.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Huge Bug in FreeBSD not fixed?

> I experienced the same thing, with someone on IRC threatening to take down
> my box. Of course, I laughed at him, but then my box went down. He also
> said he was going to attack freefall, and that would _certainly_ be bad
> news. He was running Linux, as I recall.

I ran this thing 20 times, with and without the -harder option, and it
did absolutely nothing to my box.  Just goes to show, these things
generally constitute fairly apocryphal evidence without a lot more
details.  Also, just for the record, people have attacked freefall
many times.  Just because someone said he was going to nuke you one
day and it worked (and I have no idea how seriously well-maintained
your systems are from a security fascist's perspective) is by no means
an indication that it works every time or in every circumstance. :-)

- Jordan