Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 1996 10:09:55 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Booting from CD..?

> I was also talking with Poul-H and Joerg about the idea of getting
> access to additional command-line args, and how hard that would be.
> In particular, I'd like to be able to do something like:
>
> 	boot -c aha0=0x330,10;ed0=0x300,10,0xd000
>
> And be able to get at the argv[3] from userconfig, treating this as a
> `run these commands and leave' sort of op.  This would be especially

speaking of userconfig. Is there any chance to re-enable the "probe"
command ? It disapperared a few months ago (march ?), and I think
it was very useful, especially when using software-configurable cards.

	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522              http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/