Date:      Wed, 03 Sep 2003 12:29:10 -0400
From:      "Jud" <judmarc@fastmail.fm>
To:        "Joshua Oreman" <oremanj@get-linux.org>, "Doug Love" <dlove@umuc.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: applications

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:26:30 -0700, "Joshua Oreman"
<oremanj@get-linux.org> said:
> On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 12:01:58PM -0400 or thereabouts, Doug Love wrote:
> > A friend recommends your OS over Linux for my home system.
> > I've taken a 2 day Linux Admin course, and know just about that much.
> > I don't see a quick answer on your webpages to my questions.
> > Where can I find
> >    Fortran
> >     Basic
>
> Search the ports; I don't know about those languages.

Here's a web page with links to the various categories in which the 9037+
applications ported to FreeBSD can be found:  <URL:
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html>;

In addition to the search function on that page, Google, Google Groups
and any other search engine you like may be of help.

Jud