Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 14:09:05 +0200
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Trevor Daniel Kramer <tdk98@hampshire.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unreal Tournament Question

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 12:16:33AM -0400, Trevor Daniel Kramer wrote:
> I just installed the UT Retail via the install script from Loki's site and
> it appears to have installed properly and I have installed the linux-glide
> drivers but I am getting an error while starting ut:
> 	./ut-bin: error in loading shared libraries: libesd.so.0: cannot
>
> Does anyone know where to get this library?  I have to install it in the
> /compat/linux/ . . . directory right?  Thanks.

Did you check out http://www.lokigames.com/~overcode/ ? There's an archive
called ut-compat.tar.gz that contains following libraries:

libaudiofile.so.0.0.0
libesd.so.0.2.14
libGL.so.1.0
libGLU.so.1.2.0
libgtk-1.2.so.0.5.1
libgdk-1.2.so.0.5.1
libglib-1.2.so.0.0.6

They should be placed in /compat/linux/usr/lib and provide some libs that
are not included by default in linux_base. I have also added libmikmod (as
an rpm) to get the cool UT music.

Don't forget to run /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig... be sure NOT to run
FreeBSD's ldconfig.

You might want to check out Loki's news archives. There was a post called
'Unofficial FreeBSD instructions' containing instructions and the link to
ut-compat.tar.gz. (or I can mail it to you if you prefer)

Happy fragging!

Karel.