Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:49:49 EST
From:      "Rogier R. Mulhuijzen" <drwilco@drwilco.net>
To:        "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4-clients build fails on Xft

On 18 Feb 2003 20:04 EST you wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 07:19:32PM -0500, Rogier R. Mulhuijzen wrote:
>
> > I can't seem to get it to build the clients for the life of me. And
> > looking at the patch it requires the Xft port and ignores the
> > packaged Xft (In 4.2.1). But it seems like the Xft port isn't up to
> > snuff for the XFree86 source.
>
> Are you trying to build from the FreeBSD port?  Do you have any
> existing XFree86 ports installed (if yes, remove them first).  Is your
> ports collection completely up-to-date?

Completely fresh 4.7-R install which I upgraded to 5.0-R-p1 before installing any ports.
Completely fresh ports collection, no ports or packages installed other than bash and cvsup-without-gui (with which I updated my source and ports).

But I just ran another cvsup and since last night there have been a few more commits to the x11 ports. Resulting in a clean build.

Thanks for responding though.

         Doc