Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:56:12 +0200
From:      "Marc \"UBM\" Bocklet" <ubm@u-boot-man.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   READ_BIG problems in 4.7-release

Hello! :-)

I'm encountering the  4.6-release read_big error with FreeBSD
4.7-release:

Whenever i try to copy or read large files from my cdrom drives, i get a

acd1: READ_BIG command timeout - resetting
ata2: resetting devices .. done

This is sometimes preceded or followed by a:

acd1: read data overrun 2048/0
acd1: read data overrun 4069/0

The hw.ata.atapi_dma=1 workaround does not help.

I'm using a Toshiba SD-M1612 and a Liteon LTR12101B.

The Toshiba works fine, but the Liteon drive causes problems

The Toshiba is secondary master on the standard IDE-controller while the
Liteon is primary master on an additional Promise IDE-controller.

I've already searched on the web and the archive, but found only
information and patches for 4.6 and the 4.7-release info says that this
problem has been solved in 4.7.

Does anybody know what might be causing this problem?

Bye
Marc