Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 1997 17:31:17 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Info on a card...

> I was wondering if the New Media Bus Toaster PCMCIA SCSI II Adapter is
> supported on FreeBSD and if so how well.  Anybody out there with one?

Well, from looking at /etc/pccard.conf.sample on a -current machine
(which should be exactly the same on -stable now), the following jumps
out.

# NewMedia Bustoaster SCSI
card "New Media" "SCSI"
        config  0x22 "aic0" 10
        insert  echo New Media Bus Toaster inserted
        remove  echo New Media Bus Toaster removed

And, since the aic0 driver works fine under both -current and -stable,
I'd say it's a pretty safe bet, since the aic driver is functionally
exactly the same in PAO and FreeBSD except for specific laptop
suspend/resume changes.  You may have to tweak the CIS information to
get it to work, but if it works under PAO then it should work in
FreeBSD.

If you get it, I'd be very interested in seeing if it works, as well as
in any changes needed made to /etc/pccard.conf (if any).

Nate