Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 20:04:09 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Andrey Mavrichev <mavrichev@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: C++

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 01:49:24PM -0500, Andrey Mavrichev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried to use the "cc" compiler of the FreeBSD 4.2, and to support
> the C++ stream input/output I included the directive "#include
> <iostream.h>". However, I did not find this file in the /usr/include
> directory, or any other directory where there was a possibility of it
> being found.
>
> Does the compiler of FreeBSD 4.2 support C++, or is it just C, and I
> would have to install a C++ - supporting software? If not, then where is
> the "iostream.h"?

"cc" invokes the C compiler. To compile a C++ program you should use "c++"
instead.
This should find the <iostream.h> include file. (Yes, it is in the system.
No, I don't know exactly where it lives and I can't check right now.)

No need to install anything extra.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson