Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 16:23:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        barry@net.bluemoon.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem building apache 1.3.0

barry <barry@net.bluemoon.net> writes:
> I recently installed freebsd 2.2.7 on my pentium II system and that seemed
> to go okay, afterwards I was able to build the netscape port without any
> problems.  I wanted to setup the machine as a web server for my home
> network, so I wanted to put apache on it.  Looked like there were two
> versions of apache on there 1.2.6 and 1.3.0.  I went to build the later
> version, so went to the appropriate port directory and tried to make, that
> went for a few and come back with a error about Configuration.apaci being
> older than Configuration.tmpl.

   ... Apache configuration problems ...

> Any help would be greatly appreaciated
>
> barry
> barry@bluemoon.net

  Barry - just F.Y.I. - I grabbed the apache13 port from
/pub/FreeBSD/ports-stable on ftp.freebsd.org and just plopped that down
on a 2.2.6 machine.  The port built and installed cleanly right out of
the box.

  I notice that this port has been updated for 1.3.1.  You may want to
take that route.

	- Dave Rivers -