Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 01:02:37 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Darren Pilgrim <dmp@pantherdragon.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Speed of me vs. specific address mask in ipfw?

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 03:50:37PM -0700, Darren Pilgrim wrote:
> Which is faster to match in ipfw, the "me" keyword or a specific address
> mask?

A specific address mask should be faster.  Using the "me" keyword means
that ipfw has to check what interfaces you have and what adresses they
have every time the rule is used.  (This also means that when using the
"me" keyword one doesn't have to worry about the IP numbers changing on
dynamic interfaces.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson