Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:22:18 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Thomas Widlundh <tw@ettnet.se>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   html-editor

Thomas Widlundh writes:
> Is there a html-editor or a WYSIWYG-editor you recommend for BSD?

Personally, I think xemacs + psgml is the be-all and end-all of HTML
editors. Of course, I'm not happy unless the HTML actually follows
spec, and that combination helps me reach that goal. It's not wysiwyg,
but provides highlighting, element folding, and other such goodies
instead.

If you really want wysiwyg (except that wyg is not what everone else
gets with HTML), you might look at AbiWord. It's a wysiwyg WP package
with the ability to save to HTML. I've use it as a WP package, but not
for HTML.

	<mike