Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:24:18 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports

Sorry for posting another question here. But I am trying to create a new
port. Unfortunately, after I recently CVSUPped my ports collection, and
dowloaded and installed the latest 31upgrade.tgz, I can no longer make
any port. After typing make, I get "Error: your port uses an old layout.
Please update it to match this bsd.port.mk"

The problem seems to be that there are several directories containing
files like bsd.port.mk, some old, some new. The 31upgrade.tgz seems to
have been installed in a directory that make does not know about.

I tried to copy the contents of that directory (/usr/ports/Mk/) to
where make seems to be looking (/usr/share/mk/), but I just keep
getting other error messages.

So, I guess my question is, what should I do to have make find the right
files. I use "FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE #0: Mon Feb 15 11:08:08 GMT 1999
jkh@usw3.freebsd.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386"

Right now, not only can I not install/upgrade any ports, I cannot create
ports for my own software and share it with others.

Adam

--
Can you imagine the silence if everyone said only what he knows!
		-- Karel Čapek