Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 1998 17:59:48 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        ac199@hwcn.org
Cc:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>, Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DRAFT: ports.7

> Well, the only thing that could be changed would be to make a
> failed dependency fatal, which might not be a bad idea, since I
It sounds like a good idea to me, although an option would be good to override
it.

> > Yes, but since wget, netscape, and lynx all use {http,ftp}_proxy, I think
> > changing fetch wouldn't hurt too bad..
> But soon we'll be able to fix netscape!  :)  Hmm...  You are
> right, though.
Heh :)
Yeah, I could do the work on fetch tonight (shouldn't take long at all), but I
wonder if there is any point considering ftp now supports command line
fetches, and proxies..

|Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer for Genesis Software |
|http://www.gsoft.com.au                                            |
|The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to|
|choose from. -- Andrew Tanenbaum                                   |