Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 2014 10:38:27 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn@gmail.com>
To:        Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: x11-wm/enlightenment (e17) XComposite support

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 10:29:53 +0200
Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com> wrote:

> I have had this error for quite some time, and I am unable to figure out
> how to solve it. I have looked through many ports options, but cannot
> find the UNSET causing this.
>
> At start-up, e17 displays below message:
> Your display server does not support XComposite, or Ecore-X was built
> without XComposite support. Note that for composite support, you will
> also need XRender and XFixes support in X11 and Ecore.
>
> x11/libXrender and x11/libXfixes are installed and neither have
> configurable options.
>
> For example, x11_ecore-x11/options:
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=XCURSOR
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=XDAMAGE
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=XDPMS
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=XFIXES
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=XINERAMA
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=XPRINT
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=XRANDR
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=XRENDER
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=XSS
>
> devel_ecore/options:
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=CON
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=EVAS
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=FILE
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=IMF
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=IMF_EVAS
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=INPUT
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=INPUT_EVAS
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=IPC
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=SDL
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=X11

configure, part of the source, automatically checks for the
presence of Xcomposite by trying to link a small test prog
to libXcomposite.so.  It always does this as long as the
--disable-ecore-x-composite flag isn't passed to it.  The
port does not pass in this flag.

So, if you have /usr/local/lib/libXcomposite.* in your tree
it should be automatically found and used.

--
Gary Jennejohn