Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 00:08:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Brad Morgan <B-Morgan@concentric.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Linux and FreeBSD filesystem sharing.

From LINT:

#
# Add support for the EXT2FS filesystem of Linux fame.  Be a bit
# careful with this - the ext2fs code has a tendency to lag behind
# changes and not be exercised very much, so mounting read/write could
# be dangerous (and even mounting read only could result in panics.)
#
options         EXT2FS

So it involves a kernel rebuild.  I've done this once so I could recover a
Linux box for a friend that deleted libc ;-), so it does work.  However,
that was about a year and a half ago.  I'm not sure how EXT2FS has
evolved.

Joe Clarke