Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:09:29 -0800
From:      Terry Ewing <terrye@deepwell.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, blah@rebelbase.com
Subject:   looking for scripts

Hello,
   I'm looking for a good search CGI I can let our webhost customers use.
I haven't been able to find one that can perform all the functions I'm
looking for and I'm thinking of writing one unless it has already been
done.  If someone knows of one please let me know so I don't reinvent this.

-I need a CGI I can place in our general cgi-bin directory.  I don't want a
copy of the CGI per host account.

-It needs to read a field to tell it the base document root to begin
searching in.  I'd like to find some security features too so the user
isn't able to search the /etc/ directory for example.  I'm thinking of
doing this by use of .websearch files placed in the directory working like
.htaccess files.

-It needs to understand boolean expressions AND and OR at least.

-It needs recursion

-Decent output would be nice.  A summary and a link is all I really care
about.

If I end up writing this I'm thinking of allowing the user to include an
HTML template filename so he/she may change the output of the search results.

Like I said, if any of you know of something that roughly fits the bill
please let me know.  I'm also going to need shopping cart scripts, and all
the basic ones.

Thanks much
Terry Ewing

- Terry Ewing   <terrye@deepwell.com>