Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 1996 19:17:23 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jason Kuri <jaykuri@oneway.com>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Subject:   Re: Question about Routing, and IP 'source' on Multi-IP machine.

> > If I am actually using the gateway machine, The IP of the PPP tun0
> > interface is shown as the source of all connections.
> Not true.  The IP address chosen, unless explicitly overridden by
> software, is the address OF THE INTERFACE USED to reach the
> destination.

   Ok, all of my connections to the outside world (via the tun0 interface)
from the gateway machine. =)

> > Is there any way to make this the IP of the Ethernet interface?
> Break your software so that it does a bind(2) first to select a
> different address.

    Ok, short of recompiling all of my software with a hard-coded sockaddr
and bind(2), is there any way to do this?  No is an acceptable answer.

Thanks,
Jay Kuri
---
"Listen, this old system of yours could be on fire and I couldn't even turn
on the kitchen tap without filling out a 27b/6...Bloody paperwork."
                                              -Harry Tuttle