Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 19:12:16 +0500
From:      "Sergey A. Ivanov" <lw@pd.chel.ru>
To:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Subject:   Oracle 8.0.5.0.0: core dumps :((((((((((

Hello!

  Now i'm trying make pure Oracle installation just to be sure. I do all as
described in handbook 23.4, and installation seems to proceed ok (at least installer
don't complain). Then i'm run root.sh, return to 'oracle' user and try to run
svrmgrl. Core dumped. :( I'm patched genclntsh, run it and try again. Same
thing.

  When i try to run svrmgrl by root, it complains "can't found share lib
libclntsh.so.1.0. Addind LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib leads to core
dumps. Damn.

Can anyone please point me to right direction?

ps. i have 4.1S SMP dual p3-500/128M ram and lots of free disk space.

pps. May be linux emulation does it's things wrong with SMP?

Best regards,
 Sergey                           mailto:lw@pd.chel.ru
                                      ICQ UIN: 49432691
                                      http://lw.narod.ru