Date:      Tue, 04 Jan 2005 17:17:44 +0100
From:      Matthias Buelow <mkb@incubus.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SpamAssassin-Milter accuracy...

Louis LeBlanc wrote:

> Use with care.  Some spam rbls are overly zealous, and often block out
> whole netblocks just because one IP has been reported as an offender.

And all dialup networks.  Which can lead to the bizarre situation that
if you're relaying through your mail server from a dialup IP, and mail
goes thru SA, you'll get a high score.  There're several ways to prevent
this from happening, of course, for example, to run an extra smtpd on a
nonstandard port that doesn't push mails through SpamAssassin, or just
to disable the damn RBL stuff in the SA config (I did both, greylisting
is more effective than the suspicious RBL stuff anyways).