Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:47:14 -0400
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        James Greenhalgh <james-list@ntlworld.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ARRGH Netscape stinks!

> It might have been in the past - now it just has a small area of the to=
olbar
> showing adverts changing every now and again.  I can live with that for=
> browser that runs javascript but only resizes the logical window rather=
 than
> the one on my desktop, and opens popups within its own workspace.  That=
's
> where I think it scores - multiple windows don't have to use multiple w=
indows
> on your desktop, they can just be tab switched a bit like fvwm2-95 or t=
hat
> other OS I'm not going to mention.

that's a *good* thing?  I *demand* that windows be independent so that =

I can put them where I want them, not in some big window that an =

application hogs with the arrogant assumption that it's the most =

important application, and kindly offers me a new desktop . . .

-- =

Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.                     /"\   ASCII ribbon cam=
paign =

dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700         \ /   against HTML mai=
These opinions will not be those of                 X    and postings =

Penn State until it pays my retainer.              / \ =