Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 22:09:12 -0400
From:      "Mark S. Reichman" <reichman@twcny.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Requesting a hostname from a dhcp server

I was reading the dhclient.conf man page about
requesting a hostname from dhcp servers.
My question is, can I request any
hostname I want?  ..or.. Should I request a hostname
with the dhcp server supplied domain appended to
my chosen hostname?  Or, am I stuck with the
funky hyroglyphic looking hostname provided by the
dhcp server?  Here is an excerpt
from the dhclient.conf man page.  I am trying this exact
same thing but cant get it to work.
I do a dnslookup on the hostname I send and
nothing is found. Also, Is there a place to view the
reject statements from the server?

--------- snip more dhclient.conf man page stuff  ------

 interface "ep0" {
           send host-name "andare.fugue.com";