Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:49:54 -0800
From:      Andrew Stuart <elitetek@tekrealm.net>
To:        Bob Bomar <bulldog@peitho.fxp.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Neomail

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 at 15:40:54 -0800, Andrew Stuart wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 at 15:19:23 -0500, Bob Bomar wrote:
> > I took the advice and installed Neomail.  It installed very fast, and easily.  When I went to domain.com/cgi-bin/neomail.pl it comes up with the message:
> >
> > "Neomail Error"
> >
> > "Default!"
> >
> > I am running FreeBSD 4.4 and Apache 1.13, does anybody have any ideas of what I need to do?
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> > Bob

> my guess would be that your suidperl is not setup correctly.
>
> ls -al /usr/bin/suidperl
> -r-s--x--x  3 root  wheel  50976 Dec 15 17:37 /usr/bin/suidperl
>
> that is what your suidperl should look like, if it isnt, try setting the
> suid bit. neomail requires suidperl, to access the mail files, etc..
> p.s. this is a BIG security risk..
>
> --
> Andrew

have you updated your cgi and md5 perl modules? the ones in freebsd's
base are not new enough.. at least of 4.3, not sure if they hyave been
updated since.. also i may suggest against neomail, because upon going
to there website, you will notice that they have suspended the project.

"IMPORTANT NEWS
Future development of the official version of NeoMail has been
cancelled, or at the best, indefinitely suspended."

--
Andrew