Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 14:47:32 -0500
From:      Max Euston <meuston@jmrodgers.com>
To:        "'Ted Faber'" <faber@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD Hackers'" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Sentence/Line break question in man pages

On Thursday, March 19, 1998 2:29 PM, Ted Faber [SMTP:faber@ISI.EDU] wrote:
> I'd try
>
> .Tn FIFO ".  "
>            ^^
Actually that was already in there (with one trailing space), but it does
not work.  I've tried several ways to "escape" the space, but I can only
get 1 or 3 spaces 8-(.  I'm still experimenting, but this may be a tough
problem.  It seems that the existing man pages don't address this issue
(they use 2 spaces between sentences, but use only 1 when ending a sentence
with a macro).

> If you haven't checked out the doc(7) man page, you should.

I didn't see this one.  I will check it out.

Thanks,
Max

-----
Max Euston <meuston@jmrodgers.com>