Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 1996 06:03:30 -0600 (CST)
From:      john@starfire.mn.org
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   random coredumps since upgrade to 2.1

Since doing the install upgrade to 2.1, I have had programs randomly
coredumping on me.  So far, it's been XSVGA (twice), tcsh (once, while
executing .csh, gzcat (once, while unzipping a man page), and popper
(once, while servicing a request).  There has been no clue at any
time what has caused the problem, and it is totally non-deterministic
and non-repeatable.  This was not happening under 2.0.5, and I have
not changed any hardware settings.

The eystem is a noname 486-GIO-VT motherboard with only ISA equipment
in it, a 1542B running at 8Mhz bus rate, NE2000-compatible NIC,
Cy486DLC(2/66), and a Tseng Labs ET4000-based SVGA card.

Any clues of where to start?

		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417