Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 17:37:30 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        wisesage98@yahoo.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Advocacy <advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: I'm leaving

JTSage wrote:

> IMHO, a GUI install would be a pretty bad idea, because the possibilty of it
> not "just work"ing is too great.  But an installer that could set up a GUI that
> would "just work", even with only a 90% success rate, now THAT would be great!

Call me a dinosaur, obsolete curmudgeon, or just an old fart, I don't
care. But I would much rather have a text installer that works 100% of
the time than be one of those 10% that the GUI install fails on.

> > Yes.  Most people fall into the "I don't give a damn how it works,
> > just do what I wanted" camp.

Let me translate that into how I read it: "I don't give a damn how the
much the car leaks oil or belches out smoke or offends the neighbors
with its stench, just get me to work in the morning."

I don't want an OS that just works. I can get that with Windows. I want
an OS that works well.

David