Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 1997 14:51:42 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        Dave Hummel <HUMMDN36@BUFFALOSTATE.EDU>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Java compiler...

On Sat, 25 Jan 1997, Dave Hummel wrote:

->In the archives I found information about about a native distribution
->of JDK 1.0.2. The instructions in this distribution give the following
->directions:
->(distribution is freefall.FreeBSD.org:/pub/FreeBSD/LOCAL_PORTS/jdk102.tar.gz)
->(I am paraphrasing th instructions for brevity)
->After untarring the distiribution in directory in <jdk> and installing
->the pdksh ports it says to include jdk/bin in my path, set CLASSPATH
->environment variable to include jdk/classes, and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
->include jdk/lib/i386.
->My point of confusion and idiocy is:
->how do I set CLASSPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH? I can find no mention of these

export CLASSPATH=/your/local/path
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path1:/path2

	-- or --

setenv CLASPATH /your/local/path
	etc.

->on my system or in the distribution files. Also, why do the instruction say
->to install the pdksh port...ie., how is the Korn shell involved in any of
->this? Thanks in advance for any light shed on this issue.

Probably because the scripts start with
	#!/bin/ksh

->Peace,
->Dave